brainrotrotbrainrat

 


This poem is a commentary on the rise of "brain rot" and the fact that the overwhelming majority of people overuse technology and social media. It has elements of satire as I relate humans to "lab rats", ignorant of how they are being used by "mad scientists" (social media app developers that profit off of the rest of society's addiction).  While it has simplistic language and reads superficial at first. the irony lies in that I am writing for the intended audience: people who have lost critical thinking and complex reading ability due to constant screen time. This poem is best read out loud for the effect of the epanadiplosis to be conveyed. I attempted to show creativity with the form of my essay, spacing out words on the page to draw attention / dramatic effect ("every day"). The rhetorical questions serve to force the audience to self-evaluate and think about their own rat tendencies. A lot of alliteration was included as well and that is simply because it's very fun to read out loud and I enjoy writing the string of words. One thing I would like to fix is the second to last stanza. I don't think the connection about the Sequoia tree (referencing wood from earlier) is clear and instead distracts and creates confusion. anyway, just remember, brainrotrotbrainrat! (don't be the rat guys!!! fight the matrix!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suburban Takes #2

Music as Archetypes

Big Yikes for the Millennials