Suburban Takes #1
09/15/2025
Hello and welcome to “Suburban Takes”, my spin on Kareem Rahma’s “Subway Takes”. (If you haven’t yet, I highly recommend checking him out on Instagram or YouTube @SubwayTakes .) However, because I unfortunately do not live in the spectacular New York City, this Troy, Michigan version will include significantly less celebrities and a fair share of blander takes. I encourage you all to read through my take and vote in the poll below! In true “Subway Takes” fashion, the only options are “100% Agree” or “100% Disagree” — no “maybe's” allowed. Happy Take-ing!
The work week schedule needs to be 4 days a week, 8am to 4pm.
Perhaps you’ve heard of “996”, the terrifying 9am to 9pm, 6-days-a-week schedule unofficially used in China’s tech industries. The demanding “996” work culture has become a new norm, with many attributing it to positive economic growth and success. It’s even begun to attack the traditional, corporate America “955” schedule and infiltrated Silicon Valley AI startups in the US, as reported by Wired .
This brings us to my preferred work week schedule: the “844” method. I am a huge proponent of 3-day weekends. I think we truly require a full day to enjoy the excitement of the upcoming weekend, to hang out with friends and watch TV. Day 2 is dedicated entirely to sleep. And, if you somehow have time remaining, (I can’t imagine how you wouldn’t need all 24 hours to sleep) I guess you could spend a couple hours practicing piano or reading or baking or any other hobby that floats your boat. Now that you’ve both partied your heart out and rested up, the last day of your weekend can be the designated “lock in” day. This is when you catch up on homework, study for tests, procrastinate – even though you just had a three-day weekend – and work on those pesky college application essays.
So, what do you think? 100% agree? Or 100% disagree (don’t pick this one!)
Comments
Post a Comment